Monday, January 9, 2012

Onward

so much for that morning post...i'm really bad at this. also, the pictures are hopefully coming! theyre on my computer, so half way there! I did make it over to Asia a couple days ago so i can now officially say ive been there! it was pretty much the same as the european side but the ferry ride over was quite wonderful! and only for 2 turkish lira which is just more than a dollar. Stuff is very cheap here, i've been getting meals for 4 or 5 lira, that still doesnt mean i havent spent a lot of money though. oops. bargaining or haggling is one of my favorite things to do here! i've discovered i'm quite good at it, except for my little experience today. the price was 50 and i said that was a lot for what i was getting and he looked me in the eye and said unhappily, "excuse me my american friend, this is a fixed price". some people don't like americans too much over here.

tomorrow, i am headed to Greece where where i will have no internet apparently, so unless i pay there will be no updates until I reach Rome on the 15th. I am very excited to move on, Istanbul is fun but we've done just about everything there is to do here and it's time to move on. It's rained the past 4 days here, hopefully Greece will bring much better weather.

onto gyros!

for those who didn't know, my email is sher0145@stthomas.edu
now you can email me! funfun.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates, Dustin. I've always been intrigued by Istanbul and the Bosporus Strait... it was pretty much a key strategic location throughout recorded history! So... I guess what I'm really saying is that I'm a bit jealous! Eat gyro for me in Greece! (Also, beware of Greeks bearing gifts...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to look that up! I should have done some of that before i went, but history intrigues me. especially of places I've been. there is a lot of good history in Istanbul and especially in Athens. I did indeed enjoy a gyro for you! it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete