Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pictures

This is a picture of the famous blue mosque. It is only a 10 minute walk from out hotel. It's one of 3000 mosques in Istanbul but it's the only one with 6 minarets (the tower things).



The 6 sophomores on the trip in front of a beautiful view that you can no longer see because we're in the way.

This was taken from the ferry I was on on my way to Asia. That ship right there is the kind that I was currently on with Asia in the background.


The next two photos are from the same place but it was my favorite place so I thought i'd put two. It was the Basilica Cistern (or the underground cistern). It was where they stored the water. The first picture to me looks like the belrog if about to come out of the darkness. This place was in used in a James Bond movie as well as an episode of the Bachelorette, not sure who cares about that last one.



 Here is an example, not the best, but still, of how people in Turkey park wherever they want. They just go up onto a sidewalk and I guess that's good enough.


My favorite picture. It was taken at the Archaeology museum.


5 comments:

  1. I’ll bet that was an awesome view behind those six sophomores... alas, we'll never know... (wistful sigh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you deduced the identity of the Lion King yet - son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yes i have! i knew it was either you or dad but I couldn't tell which one it was.

    i know! i hate it. i don't know how that happened. it ruined the picture a little bit.

    ReplyDelete